Reliance Electric is a full-service electrical contractor serving commercial and industrial clients throughout the Denver area and nationwide on large projects. With services ranging from electrical contracting, fire alarm, security, CCTV, emergency services, and more, Reliance Electric handles all of your needs.
The Journeyman Electrician will install and maintain the electrical wiring, fixtures, and systems in buildings. A Journeyman Electrician is an experienced individual who is licensed to perform unsupervised work that is expected to meet NEC compliance.
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring, systems, and fixtures in buildings.
- Installs conduits and pipes to hold electrical wires and cables.
- Ensures piping and wiring complies with electrical code.
- Installs circuit breakers and other electrical hardware and connects wiring to them.
- Connects electrical systems to utility power to provide electricity to the building.
- Tests electrical systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
- Inspects electrical systems to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Replaces conduit and wiring as needed.
- Replaces circuit breakers as needed.
- May be assigned to over-see the work of an Apprentice Electrician in various tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems and wiring.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Proficient in the use of test meters and other diagnostic equipment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education, Credentials, and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship and valid electrician’s license required.
- Anyone hired by the company as a Journeyman Electrician, even if the individual has attained higher credentials such as Master Electrician in any given state, will be given the role of Journeyman Electrician unless offered a different role within the company.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Prolonged periods sitting, standing, kneeling, bending and stooping.
- Is expected to be able to teach an apprentice tasks relating to the trade.
- Frequently climbing ladders, stairs, scaffolding.
- Must possess physical strength to pull wires and cables through conduits.
- Must be able to frequently lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Competitive wages and comprehensive benefits offered, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) including an employer matching
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more...