Fire Alarm/Sprinkler Technician
Paracom Systems a Reliance Electric Company is looking for a experience Fire Alarm/Sprinkler Technician.
We provide the following services to our customers; fire alarm, fire sprinkler, special hazard, inspections, monitoring, low voltage and consulting. The Technician will inspect Fire Sprinkler and Fire Alarm Systems in buildings. The Technician is expected to be an experienced individual who is licensed to perform unsupervised work that meets NFPA compliance standards.
- Performs quarterly and annual Fire Sprinkler and Fire Alarm Inspections.
- Inspects Fire Protection Systems and components according to NFPA standards.
- Utilizes web-based inspections programs via company iPad.
- Tests and inspects diesel and electrical fire pumps.
- Tests and inspects fire extinguishers.
- Performs weekly and monthly fire pump churns.
- Trouble shoots Fire Alarm and Fire Sprinkler systems.
- Perform Fire Protection Systems maintenance as needed.
- Assists in the resolving of deficiencies found during a Fire Protection Inspection.
- May be assigned to over-see the work of an Apprentice Electrician in various tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- An understanding of communication systems and how they work
- Complete understanding of inspection and testing of Fire Alarm/Fire Sprinkler systems per NFPA
- Proficient in the use of test meters and other diagnostic equipment
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and supervisors
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willing to learn new job-related skills and/or update skill sets
Paracom Systems maintains a culture of on-going education, continually assisting our employees to gain more job-related knowledge and additional skills which will allow the employee to enlarge their ability and skill set. The Company will provide the training necessary before work in any new scope is assigned.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education, Credentials, and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Denver Fire Sprinkler/Fire Alarm Licenses
- Backflow certification.
- Denver license for inspecting Fire Extinguishers
- Must hold valid state issued Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Minimum 5 years’ experience inspecting and testing Fire Alarm/Fire Sprinkler systems using guidelines from the NFPA
- Minimum 1-year experience inspecting fire extinguishers
- Must be able to talk and hear.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Prolonged periods sitting, standing, kneeling, bending and stooping.
- Is expected to be able to teach an apprentice tasks relating to the trade.
- Frequently climbing ladders, stairs, scaffolding.
- Must possess physical strength to pull wires and cables.
- Must be able to frequently lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds.