Reliance Electric is a full-service electrical contractor serving commercial and industrial clients throughout the Denver area and nationwide on large projects. With services ranging from electrical contracting, fire alarm, security, CCTV, emergency services, and more, Reliance Electric handles all of your needs.
The Electrical Estimator will work closely with the Estimating Team at Reliance Electric to assemble accurate and well-organized proposals and competitive bid packages in a timely manner. It is also the responsibility of the estimator to represent the company in attending occasional meetings within the company, with customers, and with project owners.
- Complete electrical bids which comply with the NEC Codes and are competitive to bids of a similar nature from other companies. The following duties are necessary:
- Analyzing drawings & specifications
- Understanding contractual terms & conditions
- Providing detailed take-offs
- Organizing sub-contractor’s quotations
- Researching utility company information related to specific job bids
- Developing cost estimate details in lighting, lighting controls, switchgear, data, fire alarm and HVAC controls
- Providing breakout costs to managers, owners and general contractors as requested
- Converting estimates to PM budgets and collaborating on adjustments
- Reviewing subcontractor and vendor quotes for scopes of work and lowest competitive bid
- Meeting with general contractors, owners and clients to discuss and meet the needs for design, corrections and cost evaluations.
- May also be responsible for estimating fire alarm/low voltage projects.
- Communication is vital, including asking for clarification, collaborating, and reporting back to team members and/or supervisors.
- Basic understanding of electrical and components is requisite.
- Field experience is preferred but not required.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our business revolves around people and relationships, inside and outside the organization. Each interpersonal relationship is of utmost importance in daily business dealings and communication. Team members are expected to work synergistically as a team, nurturing these relationships and seeking to accomplish the company’s goals. The position of estimator includes salesmanship and excellent communication skills, as well as commitment and follow-through in daily work habits. This job includes the opportunity to advance in time to a Chief Estimator’s position here at Reliance Electric.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in Electrical Estimating preferred
- Working knowledge of Accubid, Live Count, BlueBeam, and Microsoft Office software
- Expected to attend further job-related training as provided by the company
Competitive wages and comprehensive benefits offered, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) including an employer matching
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more...