Electrical Project Manager
Reliance Electric is a full-service electrical contractor serving commercial and industrial clients throughout the Denver area and nationwide on large projects. With services ranging from electrical contracting, fire alarm, security, CCTV, emergency services, and more, Reliance Electric handles all of your needs. Reliance Electric is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join the team.
The Project Manager will plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the projects you are working on. Work closely with upper management as well as project foremen to ensure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule and within budget. Participates in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling and implementation.
To perform the job successfully, the PM must demonstrate the following competencies in this position.
· Planning and Time Management – to ensure that projects are completed within set timeframes.
· Resource Management – coordinating that human resources and necessary equipment is available throughout the building project.
· Financial and Budget Management – making sure the project is completed profitably and within a financial budget.
· Communication – arranging meetings and ensuring that all stakeholders are aware of the project’s progress.
· Delegation and Motivation – the Project Manager, will be responsible for ensuring that tasks are delegated effectively and team members remain motivated to complete the project to a high standard.
· Quality Control Management – ensure quality workmanship.
· General Construction – at times of uncertainty the project manager may be relied upon for his superior knowledge of the construction industry and specific problems.
The role of a Construction Project Manager may involve a variety of tasks including:
- Daily email checks for correspondence from many stakeholders (GCs, Vendors, Foremen, Administrative)
- Be proactive on all aspects of each project
- Daily check and approve all vendor invoices associated with each project
- Review and negotiate contract and change orders with general contractor and owners
- Work with the client from the start of each project to ensure project scope and vision are understood
- Oversee the beginning of each project, including details like permit submission and design evaluations
- Negotiate the best possible price with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors
- Respond to architectural and engineer plan revisions and re-distribute revisions to foremen.
- Perform material take-offs for underground utilities and entire project
- Create the schedule for each project and match talent to the job
- Work closely with CEO, PE, and HR on employee performance
- Negotiate electrical gear and lighting with owners, general contractors, and suppliers
- Coordinate with and meet local power companies’ requirements
- Research and ensure local and state codes and requirements are met
- Provide product submittals to architects, engineers, and other stakeholders
- Create and distribute supervisory documents to foremen
- Coordinate with foremen on building inspections
- Weekly coordinate manpower, equipment, and material delivery
- Process change orders
- Monitoring budget reports
- Undertaking site visits at least monthly to monitor progress
- Provide O&Ms upon project completion
- Coordinate and provide warranty work upon request