Reliance Electric is a full-service electrical contractor serving commercial and industrial clients throughout the Denver area and nationwide on large projects. With services ranging from electrical contracting, fire alarm, security, CCTV, emergency services, and more, Reliance Electric handles all of your needs.
The Apprentice Electrician will work under the observation of a Journeyman Electrician, building basic skills and gaining additional tasks and responsibilities through hands-on training.
- Assists Electricians in completing supervised work which complies with NEC Code in any of the following areas:
- Assists Electricians in Installing and testing Fire Alarm and Communications Systems.
- Communicates, including asking for clarification and reporting back after a task.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Installing and repairing electrical wiring, systems, and fixtures in buildings.
- Installing conduits and pipes to house electrical wires and cables.
- Installing circuit breakers and other electrical hardware and connecting wiring to them.
- Connecting electrical systems to powerlines to provide electricity to the building.
- Testing electrical systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
- Inspecting electrical systems to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Replacing conduit and wiring as needed.
- Replacing circuit breakers as needed.
- Must have a high mechanical aptitude and be good with his or her hands
- Must be able to follow direction, as most jobs begin with a blueprint that details where electrical devices need to be installed
- Needs to know where to look for issues and problem solve
- Must be organized and analytical
- Job involves occasional heavy lifting up to 50 pounds
- Need to be able to act on the instructions from a supervisor and work well alone or as a member of a team.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Expected to enroll in and attend Apprentice Schooling and complete all assignments with passing grades.
- Expected to attend Low Voltage/Fire Alarm training as provided by the company; then pass NICET I and II Exams, generally during Second and Third Years of Apprentice Schooling.
- Must be able to communicate via verbal and written
- Must be able to listen and follow a series of instructions precisely.
- Must understand and apply basic electrical knowledge as it is given by supervisor.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Must be able to endure prolonged periods sitting, standing, kneeling, bending and stooping.
- Must be able to frequently climb ladders, stairs, scaffolding.
- Must possess physical strength to pull wires and cables through conduits.
- Must be able to frequently lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be professional and comply with company policies when on job sites
Competitive wages and comprehensive benefits offered, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) including an employer matching
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more...